Local farmers are established as the nucleus for agricultural growth and production. In each area of growers a Farmer Service Centre is established for the training and establishment of local farmers to assist them in reaching commercial production.
We assist the farmers and communities in the following:
- Land clearing and farm infrastructure development
- Access to high quality inputs at competitive and discounted prices
- Provision of mechanised services and irrigation where relevant
- On-going training and technical support aimed at increasing yields and improving farming and business practices
- Off-take contracts for production at market related prices
- Access to financing at formal market lending rates
Bringers of Hope leadership have over 20 years of experience in Institutional Feeding programs predominantly in Africa.
Nutrition intervention aims to improve and monitor community nutrition, promote child and gender protection, childhood care and education, promote healthcare through nutrition as well as other institutional feeding interventions. Through institutional feeding interventions, Bringers of Hope not only contributes to averting short term hunger but the highly nutritious products give much needed nutritional value to growing children and adults alike.
Bringers of Hope provide innovative interventions designed to promote education and socio-economic development. We view the school as one of the pivotal entry points into a community. Over and above providing quality education, schools can serve to encourage parental/community as well as to contribute to time and resources for the development of school facilities.
Effective School Associations better build a communities’ understanding of the value of education as well as mobilize the community for participation in the community development process. School interventions such as feeding and promoting school and community gardens besides providing meals to schools, stimulate community participation and the growth and development of community leadership through Association capacity building and training. While these school-based project interventions primarily focus on education outcomes, their impact creates ripple effect into the community over the years.
The overall goal of the project is to contribute to the reduction of incidence and prevalence of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) related disease transmission through improved water supply and capacity building in operation and maintenance of water points in targeted communities. Through this project, targeted beneficiaries will improve their health living conditions by providing clean water and hygiene awareness.
Bringers of Hope achieves this through interventions that provide beneficiaries with safe, clean and adequate water for domestic use through drilling and installation of boreholes, wells and other types water points in needy communities. We also facilitate the formation and training of water point committees and mechanics in beneficiary communities. Provision of basic maintenance and repair kits and tools are also provided as a way of equipping the communities with the capacity to carry out ongoing repairs and maintenance of their water points. WASH training helps contributes to good hygiene practices in the community.
Bringers of Hope’s focus for the community’s spiritual upliftment will target the following:
- Healing – we aim to overcome some impairment by restoring the person to wholeness and by leading them to advance beyond their previous condition.
- Sustaining – Helping a hurting person to endure and to transcend a circumstance in which restoration to their former condition or recuperation from their malaise is either impossible or so remote as to seem improbable.
- Guiding – assisting perplexed persons to make confident choices between alternative courses of thought and action, when such choices are viewed as affecting the present and the future state of human wholeness.
- Reconciling – seeking to re-establish broken relationships between man (sic) and fellow man and between man and God. Historically, reconciling has employed two modes – forgiveness and discipline.
- Nurturing – enable people to develop their potentialities, throughout the life journey with all its valleys, peaks, and plateaus. Nurturing and guiding are the pastoral care functions in which education and counselling are most intertwined. Many teachers and parents in schools see this function as critical in the achievement of their community’s educational
With strong logistical infrastructure expertise to support the storing, transportation and distribution of product we support both social development activities, such as institutional feeding, health and nutrition programmes, and the distribution of quality food products to local commercial markets, through trading businesses and other channels.
The Bringers of Hope cycle for development enables African governments and communities to benefit from sustainable national nutrition programmes, and local communities to benefit from the availability of affordably priced highly nutritious food products.
Local trading businesses are established in the communities, through a process of business training and the provision of kick start financial and infrastructural support, with a strong focus on female and youth owned businesses. These businesses sell quality food products to their communities at highly competitive prices; sourced from various partners. This program creates true economic development within communities, whilst also improving access to highly nutritious foods.
“We think sometimes that poverty is only being hungry, naked and homeless. The poverty of being unwanted, unloved, uncared for is the greatest poverty. We must start in our homes to remedy this kind of poverty.” – Mother Teresa
Our vision for gender based violence is to create a safe and secure society and a human rights culture where women and children are empowered to exercise their full rights.
We provide the following services:
- Counselling, mental health support
- Research in gender-based violence
- Job skills training
- Legal advice referrals
With help from various financial institutions, Bringers of Hope aims at improving communities’ financial understanding through community engagements. This assists the community and individuals to achieve sets of skills and knowledge to make informed and effective decisions with all of their financial resources.
“The number one problem in today’s generation and economy is the lack of financial literacy” – Alan Greenspan